Getting lost inside a work of art.

Dear all

I don't write very often these days. I have a lot of things, both positive and negative, going on right now. I hope to share some of these things with you in the coming time.

However, I really wanted to share this experience with you today. Last month I went on a roadtrip through Denmark. Ofcourse I had to drop in at ARoS, where the 'Out of the Darkness' expo was still ongoing. This meant I had a chance to revisit Olafur Eliasson's installation 'Your atmospheric colour atlas', and this time I filmed it.

I'm far from a professional camera woman, so don't expect too much. And even if I had some 'mad skills', I wouldn't be able to capture the full load. This is, like many of Eliasson's works, an experience you have to undergo. As soon as you enter that room, the thick mist starts to play a game with all your senses. You feel disoriented, weightless, insanely heavy, trapped in endlessness, out of breath... all at the same time.

If you have a chance, go to ARoS. 'Your atmospheric colour atlas' alone is worth the visit, but the rest of the museum -and the city itself for that matter- will not disappoint you either. And if you can't make it there yourself, then I hope my video will give you a little hint of what it feels like to get lost inside an artwork.





Love
Cathy

Comments

Top 3 as voted by you